This week pray for America-China relations under the new president-elect, Donald Trump. In addition to his many comments and policies regarding immigration, Trump was outspoken about trade issues with China during his campaign and has threatened to greatly increase tariffs. Within China, opinions seem to vary greatly as to how concerned the country should be about Trump’s election, and within the United States, there are many strong opinions both for and against Trump’s abilities to handle foreign policy.
Keeping Paul’s words in Romans in mind, pray for our president-elect to be both godly and wise, acting with justice and righteousness towards not only our fellow American citizens, but our global neighbors as well.
How to pray:
– Pray for Trump for have wisdom. Pray that he makes good decisions that bless all and do no harm. Pray for Trump to seek the source of all wisdom, the One who ultimately creates and bestows wisdom.
– Pray for Trump to surround himself with wise and good leadership. Pray for his cabinet appointees to also be just and righteous leaders in their respective fields.
– Pray for Trump’s choice of ambassador to China. Pray for someone who truly understands the country and culture and can help the future president do so as well.
– Pray for peace between China and America and for Trump to make wise decisions concerning the tensions in the Pacific region. Pray for America to be a blessing not only to China, but also to South Korea, North Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and the Philippines. Pray that America’s involvement in this region will produce good and not evil.
– Policy Alerts [collection of Chinese news articles on the topic of Trump’s election]