This week’s way to pray for China may strike some people as funny. Find joy in it! Apparently some rice farmers in northeastern China have started to make 3D art out of their rice paddy fields. Using a variety of rice colors and breeds, the farmers have taken the time to make beautiful and creative pictures. In addition to bringing China’s needs before the Lord, we encourage you to take time this week to praise God for China and its fascinating culture.
How to pray:
- Praise God for the cultural diversity he has created in the world, including the Chinese. Praise him for the ways Chinese creativity, art, and humor bring him glory and honor.
- Praise God that China is now agriculturally stable enough for these farmers to spend time creating beauty, rather than worrying about their food supply. Food scarcity has plagued China in the past and we ought to praise God for blessing China’s harvests in recent decades.
- Praise God for China’s long artistic history and the blessing it has been to our world.
- “In pictures: 3D art in China’s rice paddy fields”
- “Xibo ethnic minority creates 3D images on rice paddy field”