This week we continue praying through China’s major cities with the city of Guangzhou. Guangzhou has long been one of China most important cities as a center for trade and learning. The city witnessed much of Europe’s initial involvement with China, both positive and detrimental, as well as the Taiping Rebellion. Sun Yat-sen was a native of Guangzhou and his legacy can still be felt through his eponymous university. As the capitol of Guangdong, which is known throughout China as a wealthy province, the city has played a vital role in the country’s economic development.
Make sure to read about Guangzhou in the links below and then pray through the points listed. Maybe even consider doing a “virtual prayer walk” using the YouTube video listed!
How to pray:
– Along with many other Chinese cities, Guangzhou has grown rapidly and faces many demographic challenges. As people continue to move to the area in search of work and economic opportunity, the city continues to grow more crowded and social services are increasingly stressed. Pray for good city planning and wise management.
– Pray for the physical reality of Wuhan. Pray for the pollution to be addressed with sound solutions. Pray for the health of the population and for good healthcare. Pray for the transportation issues that face growing Chinese cities.
– Pray for Guangzhou’s government. Pray for wise men and women to lead the city in righteousness. Pray for peace and stability.
– Pray for Guangzhou’s educational institutions. Home to major universities and countless school systems, pray for truth to be sought and found.
– Pray for the wealthy in Guangzhou to show mercy and charity in order to use their wealth for the good of the city. Pray for protection for the poor in Guangzhou and for their identities as bearers of God’s image to be recognized. Pray for the middle class in Guangzhou to be just and righteous in the callings God has given to them.
– Pray for the families of Guangzhou. Pray for men and women to be faithful and loving in their marriages. Pray for children to honor their parents and for parents to wisely guide their children. Pray against a rising divorce rate in China. Pray for single men and women who are desperate to find spouses in a culture that puts great emphasis on marriage.
Would You Pray With Us Today?
– Pray for the church in Guangzhou. Pray for the church to love the city and seek its good. Pray for the church to be bold in serving its neighbors and in proclaiming the good news of Jesus. Pray for unity among the brothers and sisters; for doctrinal soundness and protection against cults; and for wise servant-leaders among the pastorate.